The Tri-M Music Honor Society® is a program of NAfME which focuses on creating future leaders in music education and music advocacy. Tri-M® is the only national honor society for student musicians in grades 6-12. There are more than 2,100 chapters across all 50 states, involving more than 84,000 students.
Each year, these students contribute more than 750,000 service hours to their schools and local communities, and raise nearly $1 million for causes they care about. NAfME awards more than $2,000 in scholarships each year to chapters that demonstrate exceptional service and leadership.
The chapter at North Paulding High School was founded during the 2019-2020 school year.
Mrs. Madison serves as the chapter advisor.
Membership to the North Paulding High School chapter of Tri-M is reserved for students who demonstrate superior academic and musical achievement. Additionally, students must receive recommendations from both academic and music teachers.
The minimum requirements for membership consideration are:
- Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Participation in and dedication to the music program (must be enrolled in a music class)
- Students must demonstrate a seriousness toward musical excellence, and a drive for constant improvement.
- Demonstrate active involvement in school and/or community activities.
- Demonstrate action taken that is done with or on behalf of others without any direct financial or material compensation.
- Be a person who demonstrates respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship.